Security review of network traffic
Among SecureDevices’ core services are security reviews of network traffic. The purpose of these reviews is to investigate the threat level your company network – or parts of it. The result is typically used to assess whether it is worthwhile for the company to implement an IDS / IPS system for ongoing monitoring of the network security.
A security review starts with SecureDevice scanning network traffic for viruses, worms, hacker attacks, irrelevant data traffic and much more for approximately one month. The scan is performed in relation both to internal and external users of the network.
The acquired data forms the basis of an analysis of the security of the monitored network. SecureDevice draws up a report that describes the activity and categorises the types of attack to which the network has been exposed during the period. The conclusion shows the current security and threat level for use by the enterprise’s management in the following decision process.
- Attacks against applications.
- Network vulnerabilities.
- Attack obfuscation.
- Cross-site scripting attacks.
- Data leakage.
- Database attacks.
- DoS and DDoS attacks.
- Drive-by downloads.
- Insider threats.
- Instant messaging.
- Malicious document types.
- Malicious media files.
- Attacks on control systems.
- SQL injection attacks.
- Web browser attacks.
- Web server attack.
- The use of Windows Media Player.
- Download of .exe and mp3 files.
- Check whether the user name or the administrator password for databases is the default value.
- File transfers in Messenger, Skype and via Peer-to-Peer software.
Installation of network monitoring devices
Cisco FirePower is installed and used in this phase so that the enterprise can see in practice if the technical IT security foundation is in place and lives up to your IT security requirements in the following areas:
- Inbound / outbound traffic in the firewall.
- Hacker attacks.
- Worm attacks.
- The use of IM programs.
- The use of Peer-to-Peer programs.
- Content filtering.